• Decent coffee from 65 Degrees Cafe

How often do you buy coffee?  Every day?  Twice a day?

I limit myself to once a week, and when I do, I want it to be a good one.  Agreeing that our usual had served us with uncharacteristically, mediocre ones last time we ventured out a different but cute and busy cafe close-by: 65 Degrees.

In a strip of similarly styled coffee shops, 65 Degrees stood out for its buzz and decor.  We grabbed a table near the kitchen, concealed by a large, brass, coffee machine.


Our orders arrived quickly, despite the queue.

My flat white was very strong with the top a bit bitter and bubbly. Still, it was enjoyable; a large cup of well-made caffeine.  They use Gridlock Coffee.


The thing I liked most about our visit was the discovery of somewhere decent that apparently has been operating for 20 years.  I complain about a lack of good coffee places in Melbourne, but this has reinvigorated my faith.  Where is good Melbourne?  Please tell me more!

65 Degrees

309 Exhibition St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
03 9662 1080
www.65degreescafe.com

65 Degrees Café on Urbanspoon