• Breakie at the Adelaide market: Big Table

Stall 39-40
Adelaide Central Market
Grote St
Adelaide 5000
08 8212 3899
www.adelaidecentralmarket.com.au

I am not a morning person.  I always struggle to get out of bed but love getting up early as it makes me feel like I have achieved something before I have even left the house.

My friend, with whom I was staying, is not a morning person either.  We’d excitedly made the decision the night before, to walk around the Torrens to build up an appetite before breakfast.  But neither of us were surprised that when morning came we were having second thoughts and (in jest) blaming each other for sleeping in.

The Torrens walk was pleasant, the breakfast at Central Market even more so.

Don’t be misled by the name.  Big Table is a U-shaped counter with limited seating; the meals are the ‘big’ part.

I ordered a half serve of scrambled eggs with chilli and coriander with a side of mushrooms.  My friend ordered the green eggs.

My eggs were well cooked but a bit bland with not enough chilli or herb compared with the pesto filled green eggs my friend ordered leading me to food envy.


The coffee was very good and made with love – at least it seemed that way watching the barista carefully make it.


Big Table on Urbanspoon