• Shanghai Street Dumpling

342 Little Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000
03 9600 2250

Wanting something easy and fast for lunch the other day, I found myself at Shanghai Street Dumpling.  Admittedly I could have just gone to the supermarket and made myself a sandwich, but I wanted something tasty and low involvement too.

Shanghai Street Dumpling is not a sociable place.  All but one table were single diners.  I felt comfortable in this atmosphere with the others who had dashed in for a quick snack.

I ordered the steamed vegetarian dumplings.  They came out quickly, hot and fresh.  The skins were handmade and a little undercooked in parts.  Inside were greens, mushrooms and a sprinkling of glass noodle shreds.  The dish was enjoyable, filling and cheap at $7.80 for 15 dumplings.


Shanghai Street Dumpling on Urbanspoon