So as you know, I have been remotely blogging lately (and I mean remotely), while travelling the world. It’s a tough life. But sometimes in fact it is difficult to eat well on the road (if this is the only problem I have then I am doing very well).
|Just one of the many amazing landscapes I have passed on my trip. |
Yes. That is a rainbow coming out of the glacier.
So I am hoping to get your ideas on the best dishes to make whilst travelling. I learnt a great one in Hungary which was made from onions, tomatoes and paprika (chillies). The onions were fried then all the ingredients were boiled together like a soup, or reduced like a stew. Any other ingredients can be thrown in as you wish (for example carrots, eggplant, broccoli). I loved this recipe as it was easy, didn’t require many ingredients and, most important of all, it was tasty.
deals in Melbourne but can also give you up to 90% off travel, spas, events and shopping all over Australia too. So get your ideas together people and send me your best travel recipes!
- I don’t have a full kitchen. Most places don’t have ovens but have stoves.
- The fewer ingredients the better, I am cooking for one person and it is often difficult to store left-overs.
- Anything that makes me think of home will get special points.
- Appetisers, snacks, mains and desserts are all welcome.
- The recipe must be quick and easier (it is often hard to pin down time for use of the kitchen)
- The ingredients must be easy to obtain at most supermarkets (eg. in Europe it is hard to track down simple tofu).
- Of course, the recipe must be vegetarian (goes without saying really).
How to enter:
- Simply post your recipe as a comment below.
- Like Nouveau Potato on Facebook.
- Make sure there is a way for me to know who you are (ie, do not comment as anonymous and expect me to guess it is from you).
I look forward to reading all your ideas!
The competition closes at 5pm AEST on 31 October 2012. The winner will be announced on the Nouveau Potato blog by 4 November 2012. The winner will be notified via Facebook and must reply within three days of being notified, or the prize will go to the runner up entrant. The winner will be judged by Elisa on the practicality and tastiness of the recipe. The judge’s decision is final. The entrants must live in Australia.