• La Mesita Grande (Puerto Natales, Chile)


The big little table.  The perfect name for an Italian pizzeria with a table running down its dining room and large windows perfect for people watching. I was happy to find a pizza restaurant in this little town and intrigued to see the pizza on other’s plates as authentic and delicious.

Buenisimo!  This was all I could think upon my first bite.  I had chosen the W, so named after the famous W trek in Torres del Paine.  The combination of mushrooms, spinach and egg sounded more like breakfast than pizza.  The flavour was enhanced with garlic, onions and mozzarella.


So eager about finding authentic wood fired pizza in Puerto Natales, I returned the next day and had the pizza special with onions, mozzarella, tomato and olives.


Dessert was too tempting and I soon found a warm chocolate brownie with ice-cream placed in front of me.  It was yummy, but the best thing about it was that it reminded me of home.


La Mesita Grande
Arturo  Prat 169 (on the Plaza de Armas)
Puerto Natales, Chile
(061) 411571
www.mesitagrande.cl