• Trunk Diner (Exhibition St, Melbourne)

When the sunny weather blesses Melbourne, I cannot help but wish I were at the beach instead of in a grey office with views but no feeling.  In this mood last week, I was pleased to find a spot in the sun at Trunk Diner for lunch.  Seated on the beach-side-style wooden benches, I tanned my arms and became happier with vitamin D energising my smile.

Trunk Diner is the relaxed side eatery to the restaurant/bar, Trunk.  Located in the middle of the CBD, it is a agreeable spot for an outdoor eating area.

I ordered the Portobello mushroom quesadillas, my friend the ‘un-cut’ salad, and to share a serve of fries.

The quesadillas were light and tasty with Portobello mushrooms, roasted corn, fetta and Fontina cheese.  I topped this with the table’s Mexican chilli sauce and it went down a treat.


My friend enjoyed her salad, commenting that it was perfect (she had wanted a light meal).    It was a tasty mix of roasted pumpkin, mixed salad leaves (they had run-out of spinach), green beans, peas, corn, fetta and almonds.  


The fries were crispy and hot.


The menu is limited showing mostly small dishes, but several vegetarian options – just what I feel like on a hot day.

Trunk Diner

275 Exhibition St
Melbourne 3000
03 9663 7994
www.trunktown.com.au


Trunk Diner on Urbanspoon