• Just another brunch: Porgie + Mr Jones

291 Auburn Road
Hawthorn 3122
03 9882 2955
www.porgiemrjones.com.au

I have a list of restaurants I want to try.  Obviously don’t look at it regularly enough.  Porgie + Mr Jones had been sitting at the top of that list since February, and only last weekend did I finally get there.

Forgetting it was Father’s Day, I momentarily regretted booking in a brunch date.  Luckily there were many empty tables in the converted multiple roomed house.  I was seated in the middle room along the booth seats.

I asked whether the ‘folded’ scrambles, were in fact scrambled eggs.  The waiter answered ‘yes’ but then questioned ‘which one?’ when I said I would have that.  The dukkah eggs also sounded interesting.

The eggs we like a folded omelette with flat leaf parsley as the “fresh herbs”.  Soft goats cheese was spotted on top.  The serving was large and the dish was not overpowering, but tasty.


The coffee was decent enough.


The space was relaxing and we did not feel compelled to leave quickly with many taking their time over a leisurely Sunday brunch.

The best part about the meal was catching up with my friend who I had not seen for ages. Food always tastes better in good company.

Porgie and Mr Jones on Urbanspoon